Crane Safety and Emergency Procedures. Covers safety standards and best safety practices relevant to the operation of cranes. Describes safety considerations related to power lines, weather conditions, and specific crane functions. Basic Principles of Cranes Introduces mobile crane equipment with an in-depth discussion of terminology and nomenclature.
- Describe the purpose of rigging.
- Describe the proper use of a simple and compound block and tackle.
- Describe the operation of chain hoists, jacks, and winches.
- Identify the types and uses of slings.
- Describe basic rigging safety precautions