Traffic Control Supervisor Training
This course is designed to train those who will be actively involved in designing or setting up and maintaining temporary traffic control in a work zone. It moves from the concepts and techniques to the implementation of traffic control plans and techniques for installation and removal.
Workshops included in the course are designed to provide hand-on, real world examples in designing temporary traffic control setups and also recognizing, analyzing and correcting deficiencies. An additional, vital objective of this course is teaching students the skills necessary to become an effective supervisor, capable of leading a team in the field.
- Preparation of simple traffic control plans
- Signs and channelizing devices
- Traffic control typical applications
- Traffic crashes in temporary traffic control zones and legal responsibilities
- Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- TxDOT standards which apply to TxDOT highways, including the Interstate System
- Temporary traffic control zone
- Pavement markings, lighting devices, and other signs
- Use of traffic flagging/flaggers